Addenbrooke’s Hospital is a large teaching hospital in Cambridge, England, with strong links to the University of Cambridge. It was founded in 1766 on Trumpington Street with £4,500 from the will of Dr John Addenbrooke, a fellow of St Catharine’s College. In 1976, the hospital moved to its present premises on the southern edge of the city at the end of Hills Road and is now part of the Cambridge Bio-Medical campus.
Sotham Engineering has been a regular provider of M&E services to Addenbrookes hospital and surrounding Trust establishments for over 20 years. Projects have ranged from ward and departmental refurbishments through to the services associated with the new multi-million mental healthcare development on the Fulbourn Hospital site.
For the last 7 years, Sotham have also been the M&E services provider to Addenbrookes’ term maintenance contract, carrying out numerous projects, to an overall value of approximately £12m, in various parts of the campus.